On 17 July 2020 it was announced that Scotland’s Census would be moved to 2022, due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The draft Census (Scotland) Amendment Order will be laid in the Scottish Parliament on 17 September and will change the date on which the next Census is taken to 20 March 2022.
Once this Order is in force, legislation will be made that will amend the Census (Scotland) Regulations 2020 to reflect the new date on which a census is to be taken.
The following updated Impact Assessments accompanied the Census (Scotland) Amendment Order.
- Human Rights Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Equality Impact Assessment Results (PDF)
- Data Protection Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Children’s Rights and Wellbeing Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Business Regulatory Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Fairer Scotland Duty Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Island Communities Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (PDF)
The assessment of impacts is an ongoing process and will continue up to Census day and beyond.