National Records of Scotland officials attended the Culture, Tourism, Europe and External Affairs Committee on 12 September to give evidence for consideration of the draft Census Order for the 2021 Census. This officially starts the new process of informal scrutiny with the Committee in advance of the formal laying of the draft Census Order. The draft Census Order is in similar terms to the Census Order 2010 but differs to reflect the differences in approach and particulars being asked for 2021. The Official Report can be found on the Scottish Parliament website.
We welcome the opportunity to hear from the Committee and stand ready to deliver a census that is not only fit for this digital century but, most importantly, delivers for all of Scotland.
We have shared the following draft Impact Assessments with the Committee to support consideration of the draft Census Order.
- Draft Human Rights Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Draft Equality Impact Assessment Record (PDF)
- Draft Equality Impact Assessment Results (PDF)
- Draft Data Protection Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Draft Childrens Rights and Wellbeing Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Draft Business Regulatory Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Draft Fairer Scotland Duty Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Draft Island Communities Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Draft Strategic Environmental Impact Assessment (PDF)