International Steering Group
The International Steering Group was formed in May 2022. The group’s role in Scotland’s Census 2022 is to:
- provide assurance that the census programme was ready to move on from the collect phase
- provide direction and support to National Records of Scotland as we implement our statistical design after the collection phase
- propose amendments or changes for us to consider, including accessing additional administrative data
Read more on the group's Terms of Reference.
See key facts and figures from the Scotland’s Census 2022 collection phase.
The group includes census, coverage and administrative data experts. The members are:
- Professor James Brown, ABS Professor of Official Statistics at University of Technology (Chair)
- Professor Sir Ian Diamond, UK National Statistician
- Professor David Martin OBE
- Owen Abbott OBE, Deputy Director, Methods and Statistical Design at ONS
- Abby Morgan, Senior Design Analyst, Stats New Zealand
- Alastair McAlpine, Interim Chief Statistician, Scottish Government
- Professor Andrew Morris, Director, Health Data Research UK
- Roeland Beerten, Chief Statistician, Flanders
Although National Records of Scotland is not formally on the steering group, officials will support the group’s work.