Statistical Disclosure Control and 2022 Census Outputs
Our vision for the results from Scotland’s Census 2022 is to provide users with easy access to all census information (subject to disclosure control restrictions) and enable users to make the best use of the latest advances in technology to access and analyse the data.
The current proposals for the 2022 Census outputs have been informed by engagement with users and seek to build on the positive initiatives introduced through the 2011 Census. This will include:
- Producing first set of key outputs in March 2022;
- Providing more functionality in creating tables by utilising a flexible table builder with in-built cell key perturbation;
- Producing an updated website to improve the workflow and overall experience;
More information on our plans for the 2022 Census outputs can be found in our outputs strategy https://www.scotlandscensus.gov.uk/documents/get-involved/Scotlands_Census_2021_Outputs_Strategy.pdf
The current proposals for the statistical disclosure control methodology from the 2022 Scotland’s Census outputs include:
- Using targeted record swapping similar to that used in 2011 on the data prior to producing outputs.
- Introducing cell key perturbation at the point of creating tables within the flexible table builder so that stakeholders are able to create their own tables.
Previous stakeholder events have discussed proposed outputs, functionality, website design, geography and statistical disclosure control methods.
Copies of the presentations, materials and event summaries from previous stakeholder events can be found at https://www.scotlandscensus.gov.uk/events-and-workshops-2021
To keep up to date with all the latest updates from Scotland's Census 2022 we recommend that you subscribe to Scotland’s Census Mailchimp newsletter (links direct to an external website)
If you have any further questions about Scotland’s Census 2022, please email us at email@example.com